Here is a picture of her bed. The top would come down to incubate her and keep her warm. Now they keep the top up because Gabriella can regulate her temperature. She is a 'hot mamasita'! Nate held her today and they both were sweating!!
You can see all the wires and tubes that drape from Gabriella. Some are tubes for her nutrition and lipids that she gets through an IV, a tube for suctioning her tummy, heart monitor, oxygen saturation, and respiration wires.
In this picture she was on the side of NICU where the sicker babies are. She has now been moved to the other side with the bigger babies and the ones that are getting better. She seems to like it there better. Less cranky!!
Gabriella is sometimes a little mischievous, pulling on her tube and it loosens the tape from her face.
Her head has grown a centimeter since last Sunday. She is gaining back some weight. She now weighs 5lbs 3oz. She is 18.75 inches long.
Nate changed her diaper today. He is so tender with her and smiles at all her expressions.
We finally caught a picture of Gabriella with her eyes open!!
She is so calm in my arms...
I love to hold her, I feel like it is the best medicine that I can give her.
Thank you for all the wonderful e-mails and calls. I'm sorry it has taken so long to update you on Gabriella's progress. This is a busy time, back and forth to the hospital, pumping my milk, spending time with the boys. I'm exhausted!! But holding Gabriella in my arms is totally worth it.



5 comments:
Sharon and Nate, Gabriela Marie is as beautiful as we expected her to be. She is an angel... May God bless you all. Love, Tia Emy
Oh my goodness... I can't believe the difference a week has made!!! She is gorgeous and is getting bigger already! It sounds like things are going very well for Gabriella and we are so happy for you!
XOXOXO - Hayes Family
Sharon, I was reading a book and I found this... I thought of you!
Gabriela Marie is as sweet as her Mother. Enjoy it. XXOOXX Tia Emy
Baby's Choice
Did you ever think, dear Mother,
As the seeds of me you sowed,
As you breathed new life inside of me
And slowly watched me grow,
In all your dreams about me
When you planned me out so well,
When you couldn't wait to have me there
Inside your heart to dwell,
Did you ever think that maybe,
I was planning for you, too,
And choosing for my very own
A mother just like you?
A mother who smelled sweet and who
had hands so creamy white,
A tender, loving creature
Who would soothe me in the night?
Did you ever think in all those days
While you were coming due,
That as you planned a life for me
I sought a life with you?
And now as I lay in your arms,
I wonder if you knew
While you were busy making me,
I was choosing you!
~ Colleen M. Story
You guys!! She is soo beautiful!! We can't wait to meet her. She really looks like Matthew in the picture with her eyes open. Sharon, you look great! Hope you are feeling ok. You are all in our prayers. We are so happy for you all. Love you!
The Edinger Bunch
2/26/10
Greetings from your family in Maryland .Congratulations to my son Nathan and Sharon,also to my grandsons Anthony and Matthew. Baby Gabriella is indeed an angel face. We are blessed to have her and i thank god for her birth. Thank You to Mrs. Lobos for all you do to help our loved ones. I will be coming to Alaska in July and look forward to holding our bundle of joy, in my arms! Please know we do pray for you all daily. We send much love from us to you. I loved the pictures and music. Much love Nana Hildur Shaw and the family.
Post a Comment