Today Gabriella is 17 days old. Nate flew back home this weekend. It is hard not to have my partner and best friend here to lean on. I miss him already.
This past week Gabriella's stomach was distended and she was not feeling very good. The doctor put her back on suction (so now there is constant suction of her stomach contents through the tube). She started to feel better and her tummy was going down in size. But you know that she can't be good for too long....
Gabriella has been a little mischievous for a couple of the nurses. She wraps her little fingers around her tube and tries to pull it out. There was blood coming from her stomach and we are not sure if it is an irritation of her stomach or intestines. They took an x-ray and everything looks okay. They gave her Pepcid to calm her stomach and that seemed to work. The blood cleared up and suction is pulling out the green bile again.
Now all we have to do is wait for the bile to clear up and have her poop. Then, we can start to introduce food to her slowly. She is not allowed to eat right now and she is getting all her nutrition through an IV. I feel so helpless not being able to do anything to make this go by any faster. It is just a waiting game and it is sure hard waiting for my baby to get better.
Everyday is different. Some days I am fine and feel that I can be patient and others... like yesterday was a little harder. It is hard to see my baby uncomfortable and I had a hard time trying to calm her from crying. A nurse came by to help and I broke down and cried and cried with Gabriella in my arms. Nate was not there and I think that made it even harder.
I never ever in my life thought I would have a baby in the NICU. Maybe this is God's way of strengthening my family and unifying us through these trials by faith and prayer. I am so blessed to have my Mom here to help. She has been so wonderful to be here with me to guide me and take care of me. Please keep her in your prayers, she is not feeling well (upper respiratory) and we will be going to the doctor tomorrow.
I'll keep you updated as much as I can, thank you for following this blog and keeping our family in your prayers. I pray that God blesses you all as He has blessed me with such loving family and friends.



2 comments:
Sharon, I am sending you a huge hug! You are the most wonderful awesome MOM. And baby Gabriella is so lucky and blessed to have you there taking care of her along with her Daddy. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday along with your family and your sweet little angel. Stay strong, sending you positive energy to help you through those tough times. Love your friend Lori
Hola Sharon,
Camila sent me the link to your blog. You, your baby and your whole family are in our prayers for a quick recovery without any lasting problems. Your daughter is beautiful and you are amazing. I how we can meet Gabriella in DC sometime soon.
Nora and the whole Weiss family.
Post a Comment